When you notice bedbug bites or see other signs of bedbugs, it’s time to call for professional help. For proper bed bug elimination, there are a lot of steps involved before the extermination process, during, and afterwards. Here are some things you can do to prepare for internal spraying to eliminate these indoor pests:
Preparing the infected area
- Clean up! Get rid of accumulated newspapers, magazines and other “clutter.”
- Move furniture away from wall for easy access to baseboards, draperies, etc.
- Strip the bed of all linen & night-clothes. Put all bedding/clothing into plastic bags or sealed containers.
- Empty all dressers, chest of drawers or any other piece of furniture that contains fabrics
- If you have plush/stuffed toys, they need to be secured in plastic bags & placed in the freezer for two weeks. Alternatively, they may also be laundered. Either extreme heat or cold will kill the bugs. In very extreme cases such toys may need to be discarded entirely.
- All clothing, bedding, towels, etc. should be laundered as well… especially if it has been in close contact with the floor, walls or stored in a drawer, box, chest or closet near the bed.
- ALL AREAS/ROOMS of the building must be completely prepared when we arrive.
- You, your family, and pets, should stay OUT of the treated area for the length of time specified by the Technician …usually 3 to 5 hours.
- Be aware it may take 4 – 6 weeks for all bugs to be affected/killed by the material applied. The bugs need to come into contact with the material and may not come out of a deep hiding spot for several weeks. Do not panic if you still see some movement following the treatment.
- Please understand that our best service depends largely on cooperation from you and/or your tenants. If the above guidelines are not followed, it will negatively affect the treatment.
- Try to avoid Vacuuming, mopping or any deep cleaning for 4 weeks following treatment.
- Launder bedding daily for 30 days.
Follow-up and Re-treatments
- Following the initial application, if a follow up treatment is deemed necessary, the following pricing guidelines will become effective (preparation and insect population will affect pricing)
- For a well-prepared building: 30% – 40% of the original price will be charged.
- For a poorly or unprepared building: 40% – 60% of the original price will be charged.
- Follow up treatments are performed at the 30-day mark.